Lemon Poppy Seed Cake with Lemon Glaze
|Lemon Cake with Lemon Glaze|
I was lucky enough to be gifted lemons, grapefruit and oranges the other day by a friend. There has been A LOT of lemon dishes being made. This is one of them.
Lemon Poppy Seed with Lemon Glaze
adapted from Barefoot Contessa
1 1/2 Cups white wholewheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Cup cane sugar
1/2 Cup poppy seeds
1/2 Cup buttermilk
1/2 Cup sour cream
2 teaspoons lemon zest (2 lemons)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 Cup butter, melted
1/3 Cup lemon juice
1 Cup powder sugar
1 lemon, squeezed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl shift the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, poppy seeds.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together the buttermilk, sour cream, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla, butter, and lemon juice.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, fold together with a spatula. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- While cooling make the glaze by add all ingredients together.
- Pour glaze over cake while hot.