Potato Au Gratin
|Ingredients I used|
|A little bit crispy on top|
I've had this recipe in my head for years. I made it as a child from a recipe in a cook book. This is a pretty simple recipe.
Ingredients (for a 9x13 inch dish)
2 pounds potatoes (I use red skin, purple, yukon), sliced lengthwise
1 red onion, chopped
2 cups milk
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon anchovies, chopped
1 Cup flour
2 Cups cheddar cheese
1 Cup parmesan cheese
1/4 Cup butter
salt and pepper
- In a 2 cup pyrex measuring cup add the garlic and anchovies.
- Make sure everything is at the ready before starting, as in the picture above. It makes things go a lot quicker.
- First add a thin layer of milk to the baking dish.
- Next make one layer of potatoes.
- Then sprinkle the potatoes with a Tablespoon or less with flour.