I really do miss German. My mother was station there for 9 years.
Lately I've been wanting to make and eat German food. This week we had bratwurst and brotchen. We went to a BBQ yesterday and this is what I brought.
Red Skin Potatoes, cubed (leave skin on)
Red Onion, chopped finely
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Bacon Fat (or butter)
A few splashes Vinegar (I used coconut vinegar)
- Add the potatoes to a pot. Fill with cold water, cover potatoes with water. Add a 1/2 handful of salt.
- Let potatoes boil until tender.
- Drain water, add potatoes to a mixing bowl.
- While hot add the dill, red onions, olive oil, bacon fat*, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. Everything is to taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
*I only added a tablespoon to a large pot of potatoes. It's just to give a little flavor.
To see what I wore: here. Is it too much?