Lemon Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce and a Cinnamon Crust
1 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup (1 stick) Butter, softened
1/2 t Salt
2 1/2 T Cinnamon
- In a medium bowl add all ingredients. With clean hands mix all ingredients together till it forms a ball of dough.
- In a 9 inch springform pan pat crust dough into the bottom of the pan. Prick with a fork.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until brown.
- Once done let cool and make filling.
8 oz (1 package) cream cheese
1 Cup large curd cottage cheese
1 Cup sugar
1 lemon, zest and juice
1 T vanilla
- Mix the cream cheese and cottage cheese together for about 1 minute.
- Add sugar, mix well for another minute.
- Add egg one at a time, making sure to scrap down bowl between each egg.
- Finish by mixing lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Pour cheese filling in the prepared spring form pan with the crust.
- Bake the cheese cake in a bain-marie for about 1 hour or until edges of cheesecake is done and just about 2 inches of center is wobbly.
- Refrigerate for about 2-4 hours.
- Make blueberry sauce.
Make sauce just before serving. You just want to warm the blueberries to go over the top of the cheesecake.
10 oz (1 bag) frozen Blueberries
1/4 Cup Agave
- Add blueberries and agave to a small heavy pot. On medium low heat sauce till ready to serve.
- To serve, slice a piece of cheese cake add a spoonful of blueberry sauce on top. And if you are so inclined-pour 1/2 and 1/2 over the top as well!