Sausage and Spinach Soup
1 Onion, sliced
1 Carrot, chopped
1 Celery, chopped
1/4 pound ground breakfast sausage (I use Mulay's)
2-3 Cups chicken stock
4 Cups fresh Spinach
Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a stock pot add about 4 Tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat. Add the onions, carrots and celery. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until brown.
- While this is cooking make your ground sausages into small round balls, rolling each one in your hands.
- Throw the sausage balls in the pot with the onion mixture. Brown the sausages, making sure it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- When the sausages are brown pour the chicken stock in the pot. Bring the soup to a boil.
- Add the spinach, make sure not to cook the spinach. Server immediately.