Cake of the Month: Lemon Ginger Cake
|Lemon Ginger Cake with Vanilla Lemon Curd|
I used MS recipe for a guideline.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a bunt cake pan or loaf pan. NOTE: this recipe make too much for a loaf pan. Use extra batter for cupcakes.
- In a small bowl add the lemon juice and yogurt. Mix together, and set aside.
- In the mixer add the soft butter and sugar. Mix on medium until light in color and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time. Blending well after each egg.
- In a medium bowl add the flour, grated lemon zest, ginger, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined.
- Alternate the flour and yogurt until just mixed.
- Pour the batter into your pan(s).
- Bake until done, about 30-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Enjoy with a dollop of lemon curd on the side.