I've decided to compile a book of favorite recipes. Go-to recipes, versatile recipes, ones I will use over and over again.
I've found my favorite yellow cake recipe. The best part is it is gluten free!
adapted all recipes.com
1 Cup White Rice Flour
1/2 Cup Sorghum Four
3/4 Cup Tapioca Flour
1 t Salt
1 t Baking Soda
3 t Baking Powder
1 t Xanthan Gum
1 Cup Cane Sugar
2/3 Cup Mayonnaise
1 Cup Coconut Milk (from the can)
2 t Vanilla or 2 Vanilla beans, seeds scraped out
1/2 Cup Orange Marmalade
1 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (good quality)
1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
- Preheat oven 350 degrees (175 degrees C/ Gas mark 4) Grease and rice flour a 9 inch round pan.
- In a bowl add all the flours, salt, baking soda, baking powder, Xanthan Gum. Whisk till combined.
- In another bowl add the eggs, sugar, may, coconut milk and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix till combine.
- Spread batter in pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until middle comes out clean with a toothpick.
- Cool 30 minutes, and take out of pan. Cut in half, horizontally (like a bagel).
- Spread orange marmalade on the bottom half of cake, add the top layer back on.
- In a small sauce pan on low melt chocolate chips. Stir constantly.
- Add the coconut milk a little at a time. Make a thick, pourable ganache.
- Pour the chocolate over the cake. Spread with a spatula.