The New Almond Milk
Our new almond milk, I add coconut milk to thicken. With this recipe you can use the almond meal for sweet or savory items.
Almond Milk PRINT
1 Cup Raw Whole Almonds
1 T Salt
1 Can Coconut Milk
- Add the almonds to a glass container. Cover the almonds with water, about 3 cups.
- Set aside on the counter. Soak for about 24 hours. Soaking helps with phytic acid.
- The next day strain the almonds and rinse well.
- In a blender add the soaked almonds and fresh cold water, about 5 cups.
- Blend until the almonds are finely grounded and the water is a milky color.
- Stain and squeeze the milk out. *I like to use a big bowl, a fine mesh colander, and a clean napkin.
- In the bowl with the almond milk add the can of coconut milk. Mix well.
- Pour the milk in tall glass containers.
- Refrigerate. Drink within the week.