Half Eaten Cake
Made "buttermilk" Yellow cake with chocolate frosting this weekend.
I am posting the recipe for the cake, not the frosting. The frosting is not dairy free. I will experiment with coconut milk and post the recipe soon.
"Buttermilk" Yellow Cake
adapted from The Modern Baker
1 3/4 Cups Gluten Free All Purpose Flour (with xanthan gum)
2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
12 T Butter, softened
1/2 Cup sugar
2 t Vanilla
1/3 Cup Almond/Coconut Milk
2 T Apple Cider Vinegar
- In a small bowl add the milk and vinegar. Let sit and curdle.
- Preheat oven 350. Grease and flour a round pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix the butter, sugar and vanilla in other bowl. Add eggs one at a time, mix well.
- Alternate the "buttermilk" and flour mixture, in thirds, into the butter/sugar mixture. Fold the mixture till well combined.
- Pour batter into round pan. Bake for 20-30 minutes. Check for doneness.
- Cool on rack, unmold, decorate as you wish.