Big Sur Cooking
Here is the menu I planned for a week:
- Breakfast-No Flour Pancakes and bacon
- I bought Nutzo nut butter for theses pancakes. So expensive, but so worth it!
- Lunch-Ate with friend at their campsite
- Dinner-Rosemary Lemon Chicken Parcels
- This is great for camping. Wrap the chicken in foil and throw them on the grill.
- Breakfast-Donuts with Honey and Lemon Glaze and bacon
- I used Babycake's recipe and added eggs to the batter.
- Lunch-Bean and Sausage Stew and multi color quinoa
- Best sausage to use is Mulay's hot italian links and mild italian ground.
- I followed the recipe loosely, my stew was very soupy. Great recipe for a crowd.
- Dinner-Nepenthe Restaurant
- Highly recommend this restaurant. I had the famous Lolly's Roast Chicken, it was really moist and delicious.
- NEPENTHE 48510 Highway #1, Big Sur, California 93920 (831) 667-2345
- Breakfast-English Fry Up
- Lunch-Ate with friends
- Dinner-Ate at Big Sur Inns
- My friend and I had such a wonderful meal. The inn's restaurant has an english cottage vibe with low ceilings, cloth placemats and quaint furniture. I truly enjoyed my starter and main meal, but was not a fan of the dessert.
- Breakfast-Crepes and Sausage
- Lunch-Grilled Tri tip with Pistachio Butter and Leeks and Potatoes
- I grounded the pistachios and mixed it in with the butter. Adds a great flavor to beef.
- Dinner-Leftover tri tip over spinach salad.
- Breakfast-Homemade Baked Beans with eggs and bacon
- Lunch-Pork Chop with Sage, Carrot/Leek/Potato Hash
- Dinner-Ate all the leftovers, but had lava cake for dessert!
- Instead of pouring the lava cake batter in individual ramekins, I used a shallow pan to make a large cake. Once the cake was done everyone dug in with their own spoons, no plates needed! I wish it wasn't pitch black when we ate this, it would of been a great picture.
- Breakfast-Big Sur Bakery
- How could I resist?! They make their own donuts!!!!! We basically tried everything in their bake shop. Highly recommend the ginger scones.
What does your camping menu look like?