UPDATED: Gluten Free Orange Cake
Here is my version:
UPDATED: made a few changes to the recipe.
WHOLE ORANGE CAKE
adapted from Sunset Magazine
1 Cup Butter, softened
3/4 Cups Cane Sugar
3 Blood Oranges, ends trimmed, cut into chunks and seeded
2 Cups Gluten Free All Purpose Flour *mine does not have xanthan gum in it
1/2 Cup Sorghum Flour
1 tsp Gaur Gum
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Vanilla
1tsp Almond Extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Coat a Bundt pan with the leftover butter from the butter wrapper, flour as well.
- Beat the butter and sugar till fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- In a food processor pulse the oranges till they are small pieces. It should be paste like, not pureed.
- Add the oranges to the butter mixture. Mix for about a minute.
- Mix in the flour, gaur gum, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Spread in the pan evenly.
- Bake for 55 minutes, check with a toothpick.
- Cool on a rack for 10 minutes, then invert cake and cool on a plate completely.
I omitted the glaze, I think it is sweet enough, plus you can consider it a breakfast cake!
What are you making?